Saturday, October 20, 2012

What do I value in a teacher?


There are quite a few things I value in a teacher:
1.    I value a teacher that makes things challenging, not necessarily the curriculum but a teacher that forces me out of my bubble. Workng is groups, in pairs, etc.  
2.    I value a teacher who sticks to the curriculum, I enjoy people typically who march to their own drum. But when it comes to a teacher I like one that sticks to the subject in which they are teaching.
3.    Teachers who make learning fun, projects, crossword puzzles, and has tips and tricks to help make us be successful.
4.    A good teacher is one who is prepared. They know what is going to happen day by day, they have a syllabus, and a plan for the quarter/semester.
5.    My favorite teachers were always the ones who let me be myself. When it comes to writing, projects, drawings, video production projects, I liked teachers who allowed me to go out of the box a little bit but who pushed me to always remain on topic.
6.    I like teachers who grade assignments within an appropriate amount of time and who make comments on assignments I turn in. It makes me feel like they value my work, and cared about the hours I put into an assignment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment