Thursday, October 4, 2012

so you wanna be a pre writer?


I’ve never been the most by the book when it comes to prewriting; in fact, I’m pretty awful at it. What I am good at though is brainstorming and research, that’s what I do primarily at work… lots of researching and processing.
One example of prewriting that I’ve found and enjoyed is looking for topics, you get to research and enjoy looking through different things you take notes, make lists, and it’s fairly simple.
Before you can do write anything that’s of worth and substance you have to be able to identify your interests. If you can’t do that then you are in trouble. If you try to write about something you’re not interested in then you may as well not write anything at all.
I also enjoy asking others for their opinions, their takes on different topics and doing research in that way. I’ve found that you get more of a variety of answers, you get to talk to people (which is always good) and in the end you have someone to back ideas off of.
Prewriting is something that can either help you, or hurt you. If you overanalyze everything you write then maybe going to another source would be a good idea, just to bounce ideas off of. Just find the technique that works best for you and go with it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment