How do I develop my writing pieces? Oh let me count the ways.
11. I make notes, a lot of the time they don’t make any sense to anyone but me. It’s not a rough draft but it’s my way of getting all my thoughts our on paper.
22. When I write I think of how many pages or words the piece needs to be. I try to think of at least one “mini topic” per every 500 words or so. It’s a way for me to break the different topics, but still find a way to cover all of them.
33. For my first paragraph I always try to think of a way to relate the topic to my own life, or to tell any interesting story to pull the readers in.
44. The last paragraph I try to think of a challenge, or a way to end the story/piece without it just ending with no resolution. To me resolution is important, how annoying is it to get to the end of a story without a real end. It drives me nuts! Sure, it may force people to get creative, but it can also drive someone to never want to read your work again.
44. The last paragraph I try to think of a challenge, or a way to end the story/piece without it just ending with no resolution. To me resolution is important, how annoying is it to get to the end of a story without a real end. It drives me nuts! Sure, it may force people to get creative, but it can also drive someone to never want to read your work again.
Those are 4 tips to my style of writing!
Sounds like some good strategies, an you're right about the double-edged sword of the last one!
ReplyDelete