I didn’t really know what to think of the whole Malcom X autobiography. He uses a writing style that for me, personally, is quite difficult to read and understand. While I appreciate all of the hard work that he put into this, I can’t help but feel like he could have put more thought into dividing things into better paragraphs. That’s a pet peeve of mine.
What I did like about this writing piece was his realistic attitude, and how well he portrayed that throughout the piece. That made it easy to read despite the flaws and grammatical errors. In my first paper I hope to be able to portray as much about my “real life” as he did, I was impressed. I liked all of his different examples on how he learned for himself, those were inspiring to me, and that is something I hope to show in the paper I’m going to write as well.
His personal story is breathtaking, it starts from the beginning, and shows everyone who reads that piece how motivation can make you better. It can make you a better writer, person, and it may help to motivate others as well. Reading in prison made Malcom X a better person, and opened him up to a whole new world… One that few find, but that he recognized and ran with. Very cool.
Yes, very cool indeed, and good observations on both the content and form of Malcolm X's essay!
ReplyDelete