I was a bit unconvinced at first about how this blog would help me to develop my writing and put together formal papers. Of course, I was wrong.
This blog has helped me more than I may ever realize…
I’ve got a sarcastic edge, most of the things I say when not at work or in a serious situation are sarcastic. My whole family (minus my mom) is the same way, you should see us at family gatherings, and it’s pretty amusing. I wasn’t sure if I could use that somewhat sarcastic mindset in my formal papers at school. Upon writing in my blog for a few weeks now I’ve discovered that I CAN make legit points about pieces of work but still put my own voice into it. Writing should be about using your voice, not somebody else’s. I would be lying if I tried to be a stuffy, smarter then all get out writer. I know how to write; sometimes it just comes out in unexpected ways.
I’m using this blog to develop my voice as a writer; and just as a college student in general. It’s helped me to develop reasons for writing, rather than just emptying my emotions out on an internet website.
Sarcasm's not a bad thing, and your voice is an important part of your writing!
ReplyDelete