Thursday, October 25, 2012

pondering my essay


I’ve started contemplating which teachers I would like to use in my next paper… I’ve had a lot of good teachers over the years, a lot of bizarre teachers for sure, but only two real bad teachers.
The good teachers I’ll be writing about will come from elementary and high school. My 6th grade teacher, second grade teacher, and my high school theatre teacher. They all taught me some unforgettable lessons and taught me more than I ever thought I could learn from a teacher, not just about the curriculum, but about life in general as well.
My bad example teachers will come from elementary and high school. My elementary school teacher was from when I was in fourth grade. She got mad because I wasn’t very good at math, and so I would call my mom everyday during math time with a “stomach ache” just so I wouldn’t have to sit through it. My other bad example is my high school sign language teacher. She was just a rude person in general, and because I had a talking problem like most high school girls do she accused me of being on drugs and sent me out into the hallway. Seeing as I’ve never done drugs before in my life I immediately went down to the principal’s office, and, well… you’ll see what happens.
I plan on taking the best and worst parts of every teacher and compiling them together.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow--great examples of good and bad teaching! I'm sorry you had the bad experiences. That can have such a negative impression on students. For the 2nd paper, you will be limited to two teachers--so you could write about the two good ones, or the two bad; or you could contrast one of the good with one of the bad. Either way, you've got great material!

    ReplyDelete