Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sections 50 and 51


Writing simplified… this book serves to help make writing simple. Which it does in sections 50 and 51, pertaining to argumentative essays and writing them successfully. I’ve written many argument papers in my days at school, this is my second time taking English 101, the last time I took it I had just graduated high school, was 18 and could care less about writing. This time I’m taking it more seriously and therefore have a better understanding on how to be a successful writer.
You have to have an argument when you are writing an argumentative essay. However, you don’t have to be forceful when it comes to getting your point across. It begins with a thesis statement, your opinion, and then you move on from there supporting your argument with examples.
In my essays I take everything that I’ve accumulated throughout the whole essay and at the very end I have a “blanket” paragraph, where I once again cover all the topics discussed earlier in the essay and identify what my thesis statement is. It’s also important to me to issue a challenge at the very end. Something that you ask your writers to do, to me, that is what makes an argument essay great.   

2 comments:

  1. I really like that you put the challange part in there. its almost like you are tempting your readers to prove you wrong, which of course is exactly what an argument is, a two way battle of opinion.

    ReplyDelete