“Gift of Grit” by Jerry Large
was once of the most irritating things I’ve ever read in my entire life. Sound
a bit dramatic? That’s the way I feel. I agree with the views, which Large
presents at the very end, especially the bit about, “If more parents hug and
kiss and coo in those first years, we’d have a lot more happy and successful
children.” I fully agree with that statement. I have two parents, married,
successful happy individuals, who raised two well-adjusted smart kids. My
parents are two of the kindest gracious people in the world, and they would do
anything to see me succeed. I’ve gone through tough times for sure. Who hasn’t?
Did they make me better person? Absolutely. But I and many other people I’m
sure have the kind of personality that is able to separate tough times I’m
going through from school. The “grit” that is spoken of is not a necessary
thing in life… I believe that someone can succeed while not going through many
difficult times. Everyone has their own “thing,” their own personal struggle.
Just because someone else’s isn’t as “out there” as other peoples doesn’t mean
that they aren’t a fighter and won’t succeed in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment