What would I do to change education? That’s a loaded
question… there’s so much I would change, but not just at the elementary,
junior high, high school level. I would change so much about college education.
1.
I would require all teachers to take psychology classes,
just so that they can better be able to relate to and understand their
students. They need to be able to understand the differences between every
student, and the ability to not treat them poorly because of behavior issues.
2.
Why the heck is college so expensive? It costs a
lot of money, and it drives me crazy.
3.
I feel like college students slack off. Not ALL
of them, but the majority. I feel like teachers of college classes should be
able to dock students points for not showing up. Those of us who are paying for
classes out of pocket, and trying hard to excel and succeed are being jipped by
people showing up in the last week of class trying to pass.
4.
In my classroom as an educator I would have 5
minute breaks every hour, just so students don’t get bored.
5.
The final thing is that I would encourage more
people to become teachers, and set up programs for kids who are currently
getting bad education and give them the chance to be able to succeed.
Yes, totally a loaded question! Great questions too--these should help you in thinking through paper #3.
ReplyDelete